This is a painting by the artist Magritte which I was first introduced to by Stuart Murray Williams and which I now steal regularly! It is a picture that all leaders would find worth pondering. Here are some questions to help you reflect on your own role as a prophetic, entrepreneurial or creative leader:
- What is the artist doing?
- What does the egg represent for you – a person, a community, an initiative, a congregation, a vision, a network or something else?
- What is your role as the artist?
- What if you are the egg? Who is the artist – a parent, a mentor, a friend, someone who believes in you… God?
- Who has seen and drawn out your potential?
- Is there more to be realised?
Ponder…reflect…give thanks…imagine…pray…do something…
Yesterday was mother’s day so I stole the picture too… We were talking about a mother’s love, unconditional love. I asked the congergation to wonder if a mother’s love isn’t much like what the atrist was doing in the image, he is looking at egg, but drawing the potential, the future potential, the future profits that come with a new birth. God is awesome in that He does this with each of us, He knows our future potential, He knows we can all spread our wings and fly!